Table of Contents Hide
Shrimp is a great source of protein, and if you add Chinese shrimp recipes to your dinner, this adds a wow factor.
If you are craving an authentic flavor Asian dinner that is rich in high protein, then you should try these shrimp recipes.
Since shrimp is one of the popular sources of protein in China, so they have various dishes that you can try.
This guide shared the different Chinese shrimp recipes you should try. So let’s get into the discussion and choose the yummy one you like.
Yummy Chinese Shrimp Recipes
Shrimp is easy to cook and widely available in China. And cooking at home is very healthier as well as cheaper so you should
Pan Fried Shrimp
This pan fried shrimp recipe will meet your food cravings, and it just takes 5 minutes to prepare for cooking. Also, the total cooking time is 5 minutes. Here are the things you need to make pan fried shrimp.
- 1 pound shrimp (peeled)
- Lemon juice 1 tbsp
- Butter 8 tbsp
- Salt and black pepper to taste
Melt 6bsp butter over high heat and add shrimp. Cook the shrimp until it turns brown.
Add one and half tbsp lemon juice, black pepper, and salt, and cook for one minute. Remove the pan from the heat, add the remaining butter and lemon juice, and mix it. Your authentic shrimp recipe is ready.
Hot And Spicy Shrimp
If you love spicy food, then you should give these hot and spicy Chinese shrimp recipes a try. Preparing this food is very straightforward. Let’s check out how you can make hot and spicy shrimp –
Large shrimp 1 pound
For Coating The Shrimp
- Shaoxing wine 2 tbsp
- Peanut oil 2 tbsp
- Egg white 2 tbsp (lightly beaten)
- Mung bean starch 1 tbsp
- White pepper, a pinch
- Sugar 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
To Prepare The Sauce.
- White rice vinegar 2 tsp
- Light soy sauce 2 tsp
- Sugar 1 1/2 tsp
- Ketchup 5 tbsp
- Oyster sauce 1 tbsp
- Pepper flakes 1 1/2 tsp
- Salt to taste
To Stir-Fry The Shrimp
- Diced shallots 1/2 cup 1/4-inch-dice
- Shaoxing wine 1 1/2 tbsp
- Garlic minced 1 tbsp
- Peanut oil 1/4 cup
- Peel the shrimp and leave the tail segment.
- Mix all the shrimp coating ingredients and coat the shrimp. Keep the marinated shrimp in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Make the sauce by mixing all the sauce ingredients and keeping it aside.
- Now, heat the wok for 30 seconds and add peanut oil.
- Add garlic and briefly stir it. Now add the shallots and mix them. Cook for a few minutes until the shallots become soft.
- Now raise the heat and add shrimp. Mix it properly. Cook for 1 minute or until the shrimp turn pink.
- Pour sauce and wine and mix well. Then stir fry for 1 ½ minutes.
- Serve the hot and spicy shrimp recipe.
Chinese Fried Shrimp
Want to try something crispy yet soft texture? Then try out these Chinese fried shrimp recipes. This is a perfect appetizer. Let’s prepare this recipe.
- Large shrimp 1 pound
- Soy sauce 1 tsp
- All-purpose flour 1/2 cup
- Cold water 1/2 cup
- Corn starch 1/3 cup
- Baking powder 2 tsp
- Mix cornstarch and flour in a medium bowl. Stir 1/2 cup water and soy sauce into the mixture until it comes into a smooth texture. And coat the shrimp into this mixture.
- Now, in a pan, add 2qrt oil. Fry the shrimp until they turn golden brown.
- Remove and serve the shrimp. Your Chinese fried shrimp is ready to eat.
Kung Pao Shrimp
Are you searching for something tender and juicy shrimp dish? Then, try this kung pao Chinese shrimp recipe.
- Peeled medium-sized shrimp
- Diced onion, bell pepper, mushroom, or any other veggies you want to add
To Prepare Sauce
- Soy sauce
- Chicken stock
- Brown sugar
- Sesame oil
- Coat the shrimp on cornstarch and soy sauce
- Cook veggies in a pan on high heat.
- Make the sauce and pour the sauce over the veggies.
- Fry the shrimp until they turn brown.
- Add shrimp with the veggies and stir for a few seconds.
- Serve the dish over rice. You can also eat this with noodles.
Baked Coconut Shrimp Recipe
Another yummy Chinese shrimp recipe is baked coconut shrimp. This dish is served with a sweet dipping sauce.
- Shredded coconut
- Medium shrimp 1 pound (peeled)
- Coconut milk
- Cooking spray
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Add the baking sheet with the parchment and coat it with nonstick spray.
- Mix flour, coconut milk, and egg. Combine all the ingredients and add shredded coconut to the mixture.
- Now, mix the shrimp with salt and dip it into the mixture.
- Dip the shrimp into the egg and breadcrumb and place into the oven sheet.
- Spray cooking oil and bake them for 10 minutes.
- Remove them, turn them, and bake them for another 10 minutes or until they come brown.
- The shrimp is ready.
Preparation Of Coconut Shrimp Dipping Sauce
Mix 2 tbsp mustard with 1/2 cup orange marmalade and 1 tsp horseradish. Stir them together, and the sauce is ready. Enjoy your coconut-baked shrimp.
Chinese Salt And Pepper Shrimp
Check out one of the most savory shrimp Chinese shrimp recipes. It’s perfect for lunch or dinner. And making this recipe is very easy.
- Peeled shrimp
- Sliced red chili
- Minced garlic
- Chopped ginger
- Chopped spring onion
- White wine
- Vegetable oil
- Black pepper
- White wine
- Mix pepper, shrimp, and wine in a bowl. Add cornstarch to coat the shrimp.
- Add vegetable oil to a pan and make sure the heat is high.
- Fry the shrimp on high heat until it comes into crispy form.
- Gradually pour other ingredients and stir fry the recipe.
- Serve immediately.
When it comes to Chinese shrimp recipes, you will find many recipes available. Also, shrimp has many health benefits, so you can choose the recipe you want to eat. Or, if you love cooking, then make sure to try the different Chinese shrimp recipes you want.