Table of Contents Hide
Oriental Chinese food is one of the important parts of Chinese culture. Chinese foods are famous worldwide for their aroma, taste, color, and appearance.
Since China is a huge country, its cuisine is diverse and there are tons of dishes available.
Usually, Oriental Chinese food is divided into eight cuisines. These are – Anhui Cuisine, Cantonese Cuisine, Sichuan Cuisine, Fujian Cuisine, Shandong Cuisine, Zhejiang Cuisine, Hunan Cuisine, and Jiangsu Cuisine.
Each cuisine has its different dishes. So, let’s check out the most famous oriental Chinese food you can try at home.
Oriental Chinese Food Recipes
When it comes to oriental Chinese food, it is all about colorful, bright, and packed with flavor recipes. Thus, if you are looking for some Asian dinner ideas, you can get them from here.
Prep time 15 minutes, cooking time 1 hour 35 minutes. It takes an additional 2 hours—a total of 3 hours and 50 minutes of cooking time.
- 1 whole duck
- ¼ tsp ground white pepper
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 ½ tsp distilled white vinegar
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- 1 tbsp honey
- ⅛ tsp ground cloves
- ½ cup plum jam
- ¼ cup finely chopped chutney
- Five green onions, divided
- 1 ½ tsp sugar
- One orange, sliced in rounds
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
Cut off the tail and discard the duck and rinse it inside and outside of the duck. Pat dry the duck.
In a small bowl, add ginger, white pepper, cloves, cinnamon, and nutmeg and mix them together.
Sprinkle 1 tsp spice mixture onto the cavity of the duck. And then, stir 1 tbsp soy sauce into the mixture. Rub the mixture evenly onto the whole duck.
Cut one onion in half and finely chop it to tuck it inside the duck cavity.
Cover the duck for 2 hours. It’s better if you refrigerate the duck overnight.
After 2 hours or overnight, refrigerate, place the duck breast side on a pan and steam it for an hour.
Add more water if required. After steaming for an hour, lift the duck to drain the juice and onion.
Now, place the duck in a roasting pan and remove all skin from the duck using a fork.
Preheat the oven to 190 degrees Celsius.
Keep the duck in the oven for 30 minutes.
Prepare another mixture with the remaining 2 tbsp soy sauce and honey to brush it onto the duck.
After brushing the mixture on the duck, increase the temperature to 500 degrees F. Roast the duck until the skin becomes richly browned.
Mix the plum jam, sugar, chutney, and vinegar in a bowl with the remaining onion.
And you are done! Place the duck on a serving platter and garnish it with orange slices and parsley. Service with the plum sauce, and enjoy!
Kung Pao Chicken
The Kung Pao Chicken recipe is popular among other Asian dinner ideas. If you love eating chicken, you should give it a try.
- Chicken 500 grams
- 100 grams peanuts
- Red chilies (dried)
- Ginger one piece
- Green onions (5)
- 15-gram Broad-bean sauce (thick)
- Cooking wine 5 gram
- Salt 2 grams
- Rice vinegar 5 grams
- Sugar 5 grams
- Cooking oil 30 grams
First, wash the chicken and cut them into pieces.
Add cooking starch, salt, and wine to a mixing bowl, and mix the chicken. Marinate it for 30 minutes.
In hot water, soak peanuts for 10 minutes and remove peanuts skins.
Cut the red chili peppers into small pieces. Chop the onion, ginger, and garlic finely.
Add the starchy sauce with sugar, rice vinegar, cooking wine, and soy sauce in a bowl.
- Stir fry the peanuts, and then add them to a plate and let them cool.
- In a pan, heat oil with high heat. Put the chicken and fry it until slightly brown.
- Now, stir fry the chilies on the same pan.
- Add chicken with broad-bean sauce, ginger, and garlic. Until the sauce becomes red, keep frying it.
- Mix the starch sauce, green onions, and peanuts and fry them for a few seconds.
- And you are done! Serve it and enjoy.
Chinese Beef Dishes
Are you craving some Chinese beef dishes? This honey beef with sesame seeds recipe for you –
- 1/2 pound flank steak
- 1/2 red and green bell pepper
- 4 tsp honey
- 1 cup mung bean sprouts
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- One teaspoon of granulated sugar
- 1 green onion, chopped
- Two teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 stalk celery
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/4 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 clove garlic
- One tablespoon of oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- Two slices ginger
- Three tablespoons of white sesame seeds
- Oil for frying
- Cut the beef steak into thin strips. Combine the ingredients like honey, green onion, cornstarch, soy sauce, and water.
- Marinate the steak for 15 minutes.
- Mix the sauce ingredients, chicken broth, oyster sauce, and sugar.
- Heat the pan on medium-high heat and add 2 tbsp oil.
- Add the beef and fry until nearly cooking.
- Remove the steak, add ginger, garlic, and celery, and stir until fragrant. Add peppers and celery; fry them.
- Add soy sauce to the pan, put the steak, and mix everything.
- Sprinkle sesame seeds before serving.
You would love these Chinese beef dishes, so you should give them a try at home.
Honey Walnut Shrimp
This is another oriental Chinese food that you would love to eat. Let’s make it together –
- 1 lb. shrimp
- 1 c. walnuts
- 1 c. granulated sugar
- Two large beaten eggs
- 2 tbsp. Honey
- 1 c. cornstarch
- Kosher salt
- Black pepper
- 1 c. water
- 1/4 c. mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp. heavy cream
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Combine water and sugar in a small saucepan and boil it.
- Pat dry the shrimp and add some salt and pepper.
- Dip the shrimp in eggs and cornstarch to coat.
- Fry the shrimp until golden.
- In a bowl, mix honey, mayonnaise, and cream. Toss shrimp into the mixture and then serve it.
Oriental cooking means the cuisine from China, Thailand, Japan, etc., since they are Asian food.
But oriental Chinese food is the most prominent of them.
We tried to give you the 4 best oriental Chinese food recipes to try. Whether you are looking for Asian dinner ideas or oriental Chinese food, hopefully, our guide helps you find the recipe you want.