Table of Contents Hide
When it comes to appetizers or snack boards, we tend to run out of ideas and stick to the usual cured meats, cheeses, fruits, veggies, and nuts. But have you ever thought about beef jerky as an option on your charcuterie board?
A charcuterie board with different beef jerky varieties and sticks is one of our favorite appetizers. The variety of flavors, aesthetics, and textures combine for an excellent do-it-yourself snack that your guests will enjoy.
Let’s get started with the most delicious charcuterie board with beef jerky you have ever tasted. It’s a sure success with your guests who won’t stop talking about it!
What Is a Charcuterie Board?
The word charcuterie comes from the French word charcuterie, which means “cooked meat.” It used to be a term for preserved pork, but it’s now a term for a type of cheese and meat board.
A well-presented charcuterie board includes savory cured meats, dried fruit, nuts, different types of cheeses, fresh fruits, and crackers. The charcuterie board is now a feature of many parties and events in the West.
After all, it doesn’t require much cooking and is a lot of fun to put together. All of the meats on a charcuterie board have already been cooked, smoked, or cured, so all you have to do is make everything look amazing.
What Jerky Should You Use?
While salami, prosciutto, ham, and pepperoni may be found on practically any charcuterie board, your culinary creation is unique. That’s because you’ve chosen delectable jerky that takes a unique approach to a classic meal! You can choose from a variety of beef jerky brands for your board.
Beef jerky with salty, spicy, or sweet kicks complements the rest of your board while also tasting fantastic on its own. Jerky from big game and exotic animals is also a great complement to your meal and is guaranteed to please your visitors.
Beef Jerky Nutrition
Want your body to carry out everyday responsibilities and be healthy? You have got to give it proper nutrition.
Beef jerky or biltong is a wonderful alternative because it’s a portable, nutrient-dense, and convenient snack. When it comes to achieving nutritional balance, beef jerky is a great option, as one ounce has roughly 14 grams of proteins and 80 calories of energy. This is twice the protein and half the calories of a regular two tablespoon portion of peanut butter. Want nutritional bang for the buck? With beef jerky, you’ll get the most of it!
Make an Epic Charcuterie Board with Beef Jerky
Here’s how you can make the best charcuterie board with beef jerky.
1. Grab Your Board
Finding a good wooden board is the first step in making a charcuterie spread. The board should be clean, thick, and big enough to hold a feast of food and sauces.
For a more refined aesthetic, use a marble baker’s slate rather than a wooden board. Plan out your layout once you’ve got the board ready—you’ll need your guests to recognize what foods work well together fast.
2. Gather Your Ingredients
It’s ideal to use easy-to-pack components for this delightful snack board that may be given to anybody after sports, workouts, or other physical activities, as it is loaded with energy-rich food items. There’s something for everyone here. Most importantly, each component provides a distinct nutritional advantage.
- Beef jerky – Worried about your protein intake? Beef jerky is loaded with protein, as well as having a nice savory flavor.
- Cheese cubes – If you are worried about bone density, calcium is the solution. Not only athletes but for regular people as well, especially middle-aged women, reduced bone density can be a serious issue. Cheese is packed with calcium and is very nutritious.
Pair it up with some cheese or a few pieces of crackers. To save money, purchase a chunk of cheese and cut it into 1″ cubes; however, string cheeses sliced in half would also work.
- Pistachios – Pistachios are high in protein. They are also rich in fiber. They’ll help you feel full and satiated after a long day of exertion.
- Golden raisins and tart cherries – These are a good source of carbohydrates for regaining back your energy after a workout session and also meet your sweet tooth for a snack board.
Tart cherries can help with muscle discomfort, making them an excellent addition to your diet. Another wonderful carb option is nut butter, bananas, and chocolate chips, which also provide good fat.
- Shredded wheat crackers – If you want to add some fiber-containing ingredients to your board, add some shredded wheat crackers. They also complement the jerky and cheese perfectly!
3. The Assembling
Now that you have everything that you need, let’s look at how to assemble the items to make a great charcuterie board with beef jerky.
- Bananas split into thirds (use 1/3 banana for one person)1 tbsp per 1/3 banana for the nut butter.3-4 chocolate chips for every 1/3 banana.
- 1 ounce of beef jerky per person.
- 1/2 ounces of white cheddar cheese, sliced into 1″ cubes, per person.
- 2 teaspoons of pistachios per person.
- 2 tablespoons of dry golden raisins and tart cherries per person.
- 5-6 crackers for each person if using shredded wheat crackers.
Put Them Together
- On the banana, spread a spoonful of peanut butter. Add some chocolate chips on top.
- In a serving bowl, place the dried fruit.
- Now it’s time to assemble everything on a platter or board, as well as the bowl of bananas and dried fruits. Serve and have fun!
Almost all of these items may be prepared in advance, making the setup so quick that you can do it in a jiffy before your guests come. With this magnificent charcuterie board with beef jerky, your guests will be bowled over.
The key to making an outstanding charcuterie board with beef jerky is to allow your individuality and palate to shine through in your meal.
Try out our method for the best charcuterie board with beef jerky. Don’t be scared to experiment with a charcuterie spread because there are so many options that go well together and taste wonderful on their own.
Serve your charcuterie board with a glass of wine or juice of your choice. Bon appetit!