Table of Contents Hide
- How to Cook Chicken Sausage: An Ultimate Guide for Beginners
- How To Cook Chicken Sausage in Oven
- How to Cook Chicken Sausage in Pan
- How to Cook Chicken Sausage on Stove
- How to Cook Chicken Sausage from Frozen
- How Long to Cook Chicken Sausage on Grill
- How Long to Cook Chicken Sausage in Air Fryer
- How Long to Cook Chicken Sausage
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- The Bottom Line
You may wonder how to cook chicken sausage, as it can be a bit daunting for you as a beginner. Chicken sausages are the most popular food items in American households and are cooked in many different ways.
Chicken sausages are healthy and delicious options to have for your breakfast or any meal of the day. However, it’s important to know how to prepare them first. So, in this article, we explained how to cook chicken sausage for beginners.
After reading this article, you’ll be able to cook chicken sausages whether you choose to use an oven, pan, stove, grill, or air fryer. So, let’s get started.
How to Cook Chicken Sausage: An Ultimate Guide for Beginners
There are over hundreds of variants of sausages and numerous recipes to cook them. Here we described the simplest and quickest few of them for you. So, let’s learn how to cook chicken sausage in the easiest way possible.
How To Cook Chicken Sausage in Oven
If you’re wondering how to cook chicken sausage as a beginner, know that oven cooking is the most convenient way for you. Cooking in the oven makes the sausage evenly cooked and crispy outside. Here is how to cook chicken sausage in oven:
- Cooking oil (Olive oil, Vegetable oil, or Butter)
- Salt and Pepper for Seasoning
- Chicken Sausages
Instructions on How To Cook Chicken Sausage in Oven
- Preheat the oven to 400° F, as it’s an ideal temperature to get crispy and flavorful sausage in a short time.
- Line the baking sheet with aluminum foil and put the sausages on that in a single row. The foil helps the sausages to avoid sticking to the baking sheet. Leave at least half an inch of space between the sausages to cook evenly.
- Drizzle olive oil over the sausages and season with salt and pepper according to your taste.
- Baking for 20-25 minutes is enough for the sausages to be evenly cooked.
- To test whether it’s cooked well, insert a meat thermometer into the sausage. If the internal temperature reaches 165° F, your chicken sausage is ready to remove from the oven.
- Before serving, let the sausages rest for a few minutes. Resting the sausages for a while helps them to reabsorb and redistribute juices.
How to Cook Chicken Sausage in Pan
Cooking chicken sausage in a pan is one of the easiest and quickest ways of preparing delicious sausages. Pan cooking is an ideal option when you need a quick and simple meal. Here’s how to cook chicken sausage in the pan:
- Chicken Sausage
- Cooking Oil (Olive oil, Vegetable oil)
Instructions on How To Cook Chicken Sausage in Pan
- Pick a heavy-bottomed pan, cast-iron skillet, or non-stick pan. Take 1 tablespoon of cooking oil and heat it on medium heat for about 2 minutes.
- Don’t hesitate to cut the sausage into pieces if it’s too big. When you cut the sausage, the surface area gets increases, and it creates an amazing flavor.
- Put the sausages on the pan in a single layer and keep a little space between them. The sausages should be sizzling immediately after putting them in the pan. If not, heat up the pan to medium-high.
- Cook the sausages for 5-7 minutes on each side until they turn golden brown.
- Measure the internal temperature of the sausages with a thermometer to check whether it’s cooked. If the temperature is around 165° F, the sausages are good enough to serve.
- Remove the sausages from the pan and let them rest on a paper towel to drain extra oil.
- Serve the hot and crispy sausages with roasted vegetables, pasta, or salad.
How to Cook Chicken Sausage on Stove
Looking for how to cook chicken sausage in a simple way? Cooking on the stove is one of the simplest ways of cooking chicken sausages. Here we’ll explain how to cook chicken sausage on the stove step-by-step.
- Chicken Sausages
- Cooking oil (Olive oil, vegetable oil, or, coconut oil)
Instructions on How To Cook Chicken Sausage on Stove
- Place a skillet on the stovetop over medium or medium-high heat.
- Add a little oil to the skillet and let it be heated for 2-3 minutes.
- Put the chicken sausages on the skillet and cook for 6-8 minutes on each side until it turns brown. Flip the sausages often with the help of tongs to cook both sides.
- Use the meat thermometer to check whether the internal temperature of the sausage is 165° F. If not, it needs further cooking. You can also cut sausage and examine the internal color to check the doneness.
- Once fully cooked, remove the sausages from the stovetop and let them rest for a few minutes.
- Serve the sausages with your favorite side dishes like mashed potatoes, roasted vegetables, or pasta.
How to Cook Chicken Sausage from Frozen
You may think cooking chicken sausage is a daunting task. But, cooking frozen sausages is also easy and simple. Let’s learn how to cook chicken sausage from frozen.
- Chicken Sausages
- Cooking oil (Olive oil. Vegetable oil, or, coconut oil)
Instructions on How To Cook Chicken Sausage from Frozen
- Take a pan full of water and put the unpacked frozen sausages in it.
- Cook the sausages for 5 minutes and they will defrost in the meantime.
- Remove the water from the pan and take some cooking oil. Heat the pan for a few minutes.
- Place the defrosted sausages on the pan and cook for 5-8 minutes on each side.
- When the sausages turn brown or golden in color, consider it’s done.
- Remove the sausages from the pan and let them rest for a while.
- Serve the sausages with your favorite sides.
How Long to Cook Chicken Sausage on Grill
Grilling is another easy and quick way to cook chicken sausages. In the following, you will find how long to cook chicken sausage on grill:
Chicken Sausage Cooking Time on Grill:
Cooking chicken sausage takes around 8-10 times on the grill. But, the time how long to cook chicken sausage on grill depends upon the sausage type and size. For instance, raw sausage will definitely take more time than pre-cooked sausage. In this case, boiling the raw sausage first reduces the cooking time.
How Long to Cook Chicken Sausage in Air Fryer
Air frying chicken sausage is a healthy alternative to oven or pan cooking with less oil. Wondering how long to cook chicken sausage in air fryer? Just follow the explanation below.
Chicken Sausage Cooking Time in Air Fryer:
The total time for cooking chicken sausage is 10-12 minutes. Each side of the sausage takes 5-6 minutes to be completely cooked. However, the time how long to cook chicken sausage in air fryer also depends on the type and size of the sausage.
How Long to Cook Chicken Sausage
How long to cook chicken sausage depends on the type of sausage. For instance, raw sausages must be cooked longer than pre-cooked sausages. How long to cook chicken sausage also depends on how you cook the sausages.
Chicken sausage cooking time for various mediums is like the following:
- Cooking time in an air fryer: 10 minutes
- Cooking time in oven: 20 minutes
- Cooking time on stove: 8-10 minutes
- Cooking time in the pan: 8 minutes
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Let’s answer some questions about cooking chicken sausages that are asked frequently.
What is the best cooking method for sausages?
Chicken sausages are cooked in several different ways. Generally, boiling and air frying are the healthiest ways to cook chicken sausages. Because it needs less oil in air frying and boiling. On the other hand, cooking sausages in a pan or oven is best for delicious and crispy preparations.
How do you know when chicken sausage is cooked?
You can simply notice the sausage turns brown or golden when it’s cooked. To check its doneness, you can measure the internal temperature of the sausage with a meat thermometer. If the reading shows 165°F on the thermometer, the sausage is cooked.
Is eating chicken sausage healthy?
Eating chicken sausage is healthy because it’s made of white meat. White meats are lower in fat and calories than pork or beef. Chicken sausages are also rich in protein and other nutrients like iron and zinc.
Should you boil chicken sausage?
You can boil raw chicken sausages before baking or grilling to save cooking time. On the other hand, boiling is also a healthier option than frying in oil.
The Bottom Line
Chicken sausages are healthy and delicious meals with simple and easy preparations. Cooking chicken sausage is not a big deal if you follow the above instructions accordingly. Hopefully, this article on how to cook chicken sausage helped you to cook your first chicken sausage delicacy.