Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, but it can be monotonous, repetitive, and boring at times. Having the same savory breakfast can become tiresome, so this guide is for you on days when you want to try new sweet delicious breakfast foods. Furthermore, this list is ideal if your sweet tooth is craving something creative for breakfast.
We’re sorry, savory breakfast fans, but we’re team sweet. We don’t care if it’s French toast, a giant cinnamon roll, or anything with jam; if it can double as a dessert, we’ll take it. If we still have your attention, we’ll assume you feel the same way—fortunately, all those treats and more can be found on this list. So, keep reading!
The Best Sweet & Delicious Breakfast Recipes
1. Chocolate Chip Pancakes – Nothing beats chocolate chip pancakes to excite you for breakfast. Mix the flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt in a mixing bowl. Beat the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until smooth. Before pouring the batter into the frying pan, fold in the chocolate chips. Flip the pancakes when the tops start to bubble and cook for another minute. If you eat them alone or with syrup, you’ll have the breakfast of champions!
2. Baileys Irish Cream Pancakes – We replace milk with thick Baileys Irish Cream for nutty, complexly flavored grown-up pancakes that are light enough to eat for breakfast. To keep them fluffy and tender, use cake flour instead of all-purpose flour, and don’t over-mix the batter.
3. Blueberry French Toast – This delicious sweet custard breakfast bake has a crispy topping! It’s blueberry French toast baked with a cinnamon vanilla custard mixture. Bake and serve immediately, or prepare ahead of time for overnight French toast. It’s a simple recipe that works well for breakfast, brunch, or dessert!
4. Nutella Waffles – You only need a couple of sheets of ready-made puff pastry, a jar of Nutella, and your waffle iron to make these delectable treats. It doesn’t get much simpler than that!
5. Red Velvet Cinnamon Rolls – Make this simple dessert—or breakfast—from a box of red velvet cake mix. The icing tastes good and contrasts nicely with the rolls.
6. Norwegian Pancakes – This delicious breakfast dish looks more like crepes despite the name. Norwegian pancakes differ only in that they are rolled into thin, flat tubes. Each serving traditionally contains only three rolled pancakes. However, this is your kitchen! Consume as many as you like! These tasty Norwegian-inspired dishes come with a variety of toppings. The traditional choice is strawberry/lingonberry jam with a sprinkle of sugar. However, whipped cream and other fruits can be substituted. These pancakes can also be served with Nutella or sautéed apples and cinnamon.
7. Dalgona Coffee – Because it can be served hot or cold, this whipped coffee (also known as Dalgona coffee) is ideal for any season. The best part is that you most likely already have all of the ingredients on hand. Making whipped coffee is much simpler than you might think. Simply beat together equal parts instant coffee, boiling water, and sugar until light and fluffy, similar to meringue but not as thick. Next, place the whipped cream on top of a glass of cold or steamed milk, and presto! Coffee with whipped cream! Also, try brewing strong coffee instead of instant coffee if you prefer a strong one. Not only will its excellent appearance impress your friends, but it also tastes as good as it looks!
8. Overnight Oats – There are ready-to-eat breakfast foods that are both tasty and nutritious. And this recipe for buttermilk overnight oats proves it. This sweet & delicious breakfast can be made the night before, making it a convenient morning meal for those on the go. Then, simply top it with strawberries and almonds the next day. And if you want to make a large batch, you’re in luck! This can be kept in the fridge for up to five days!
9. Maple Vanilla Quinoa Porridge – Breakfast does not have to be limited to oatmeal. Replace your oats with quinoa cooked in almond milk, cinnamon, vanilla, and maple syrup for a delicious way to start the day.
10. Jumbo Breakfast Cookies – These large and flavorful cookies are ideal for making in bulk and keeping on hand for hectic mornings. It’s an irresistible combination of flavors and textures, with peanut butter, raisins, oats, and Cheerios.