Table of Contents Hide
Have you got so many recipes you’re always struggling to find the right one?
It’s a problem lots of foodies face in the kitchen. Having recipes written down is a brilliant idea until it comes to finding the one you need! Then you might as well be looking for a needle in a haystack.
But there are ways you can make finding your cards easier. It can save you a lot of time, stress, and keep your kitchen much neater.
Take a look at our tips for how to organize recipes
1. Use Recipe Card Templates
When it comes to the best way to organize recipes, recipe card templates are the place to start. You can write down all your dishes on cards of the same size and shape, making them far easier to organize. They’re also in the same format, making your recipes easier to read when it comes to cooking.
2. Recipe Filing
Keeping recipes can be a pain when they’re scattered across your kitchen. Solve the problem with an organized filing solution.
Our favorite method is sorting your recipe cards into binders. This will keep them all in one place, making them much easier to find. You can even have an index or split your binder into sections so that you can quickly flip to the card you need.
For recipe storage, we love binders because the recipes are so easy to read without taking them out. We recommend keeping your cards in plastic wallets to protect them from food.
3. Recipe Organizing
Whether you store your recipes in a binder like we do or you have your own system, make sure they’re organized so you can find them easily. Here are some tips you can try out:
- Split your cards into categories. Yours could be separated into breakfast, lunch, and dinner, or by food type, such as a section for pasta dishes
- Apply the same categorizing method to multiple binders if you have tons of recipes so you know which one to reach for every time
- If you’re a very visual person, color-code your recipes based on categories
- Keep a separate file for recipes you want to try for when you’re feeling adventurous
- Use sticky notes to mark pages of recipes you’ll be using for the upcoming week
These simple organization tips can make your time in the kitchen much easier.
4. How to Organize Recipes Online
If you’re more digitally savvy, you can bypass this organization by storing your recipes online. Keep them organized on a tablet or phone for easy access. There are plenty of apps designed just for this, so be sure to take a look at what’s out there!
We think digital organization is great for decluttering your kitchen. But we think nothing beats flicking through your recipe cards, even if we are a little old-fashioned.
Now that you’re an expert and know how to organize recipes, it’s time to start testing them out!
Get cooking in your kitchen with inspiration and advice from our blogs.